Individual Mentoring & Counseling Sessions
Personalized 1:1 sessions to better fit your needs and desires, and to provide individual help, guidance, and teachings tailored to your personal questions, difficulties and motivations. All sessions are online via video call, in a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
With: Filipe Gonçalves Rocha
(Hover for description)
Session length: 50 min | Cost: 60€
3 sessions pack: 135€ (25% discount)
You can have a free 10 min session to see if this is right for you.
Description and details
- Introduction to meditation & the basics
- Attention training and mind tranquility (śamatha)
- Mindfulness (sati)
- Insight meditation (vipassanā)
- The four applications of mindfulness (satipatthāna)
- The four immeasurables (brahmavihārās)
- Loving-kindness (metta)
- Compassion (karuna)
- Empathetic joy (mudita)
- Equanimity (upekkha)
Meant for those who would like to bring a little (or not-so-little) more mental and emotional balance into their lives, to reduce distress and suffering and to cultivate and increase happiness, and to develop and improve themselves, achieve their potential and flourish as a better human being, these sessions are about learning the background, tools and the path to do so, and putting it into practice.
Whether you want to become a more empathetic and compassionate person, to have a more constructive emotional experience, increase your mental balance and inner well-being, help others do the same, strengthen and improve relationships, or overall become a better and happier person, these sessions are to provide you teachings and guidance on that path.
These sessions are often mixed and complemented with Meditation Mentoring.
- Loss of a loved one
- Relationship problems
- Work problems
- Loss of a job
- Diagnosis of a disease, to oneself or a loved one
- Abuse or injustice
- Failure or the fear of failure
- Any stressful or worrisome situation
Mental and emotional balance are crucial to our well-being and happiness.
However, due to various causes and conditions, our minds can suffer from different states and conditions which disrupt our emotional and mental balance, and thus our happiness, well-being and growth, in a consistent and sustained manner. Whether these are simpler and lighter mental patterns, or actual diagnosed mental disorders, these sessions are meant to provide you individual and personalized accompaniment and support; to help you achieve a deeper understanding of your condition and, through that, of how you can begin to improve and heal; and to guide you and provide counsel through that journey and its obstacles and successes.
Examples of such conditions might include:
- Chronic anxiety
- Excess prolonged stress & Burn-out
- Addiction and gaming disorders
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity
- Low self-esteem, self-harming thoughts and emotions
- Obsessive or intrusive thought, OCD
- Anger disorders
- Over-reactivity, impulsive behavior, lack of self-restraint
- Dysfunctional personality traits
- Any disruptive or unbalanced mental pattern, state or condition
Important note: these sessions are not meant to replace therapy, but rather complement it. If you need therapy, make sure you still get it from a qualified professional. If you need urgent help, call your local emergency number (Europe 112, USA 911).
If you would like to use, apply and even teach the wisdom, practices and skills that we offer to the population you work with – your students, patients, clients, … – then we offer these sessions to enable and empower you to do so, tailoring them specifically to your goals, needs, and target population.
Some examples of what we can prepare and train you for are:
- Teaching meditation to general population
- Teaching mental and emotional balance to general population
- Bringing more empathy and emotional understanding to your patients
- Using meditation and emotional balance practices with healthcare patients
- Applying contemplative approaches to mental health and therapy
- Teaching children meditation or emotional balance
- Bringing meditation and emotional balance to businesses and the work place
The time that you should invest in this professional training depends on your goals, settings and target population. We offer certification for each 5 hours (6 sessions) of training, for an additional fee of 50€ plus 40€ per 5 hours of training (subsequent certificates only pay the difference). This does not qualify you as a therapist, or as a teacher of any of our programs, except if previously agreed and explicitly stated.